01 May 2007

More than we asked...

A few weeks ago I helped serve lunch to the Impact World Tour people who were in town for a mission outreach. After lunch they prayed for the people who served them. I was asked what I needed prayer for and I said I needed to sell a house. The couple praying for me asked God to sell our house for more than we asked. In my heart I scoffed because we had been getting offers 10-15 thousand under our asking price. Well, today we entertained three offers at once at or above our asking price!!! We accepted the best offer. I am ashamed that I am still holding back on celebrating because a deal isn't done until it's done. However, things are certainly looking up. Keep praying that everything will work out.

We had crazy weather tonight all around with funnel clouds, hail, and drenching rain. The night is settling down now and there is a lot of standing water. The old and new houses seemed to have weathered the weather okay. We hurriedly fixed supper and ran down to the basement carrying our dinner when the siren went off AGAIN. So we enjoyed the safety of the basement to eat our grilled chicken, stuffed portabella mushrooms and fried potatoes.

3 comments:

Bruce in Alaska said...

I think God gave you a hug tonight.

justinkenya said...

Just like Sarai laughing at having a baby...

Congrats, Mom! And Village! And Pseudo!

Not sure why Pseudo, but he deserves to be mentioned on any occasion possible.

Mary said...

WOOOOOYEEEEE!!!!!!!

So, so, so great!

Crazy weather though hey?

Yah to your blog too, great to picture a waltz to a protective basement with chicken and portabella